Supporting the Professional Development of Cooperative Communicators
In 1998, CCA established a fund in honor of deceased, longtime member Shirley Sullivan, a senior editor at Southern States Cooperative. The Shirley K. Sullivan Fund offers educational funding to attend professional development seminars or classes and other leadership development activities such as CCA Institute, CCA Professional Development workshop, statewide cooperative education, National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA), or other qualified programs.
- All active cooperative communicators will be eligible to apply for grants, with preference given those demonstrating a history of or interest in active CCA involvement.
- Educational programs eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, regional CCA workshops, national cooperative education programs (NICE, GICL, etc.) and other opportunities which advance skill and knowledge in the field of cooperative communication.
- Grant size and number of grants offered will be based on need, merit, and amount of funding available.
- Individuals who are awarded grants become ineligible for future funding for five years, with preference given to applicants who have not previously received a grant from the Fund.
- Upon completion of their education program, recipients shall complete and submit a brief report on the value of their educational experience along with appropriate expense receipts for grant funding to be released.
- Applications are available here, and will be considered upon submission.
Sullivan Fund Silent and Live Actions
CCA will once again hold its Silent and Live Auctions at the CCA Institute taking place June 2-5 in Savannah, GA. Auction proceeds support the Shirley K. Sullivan Education Fund. Donations of all kinds are accepted. Download and complete donation form and submit to the business office by May 19, 2019: