In 1998, CCA established a fund in honor of deceased, longtime member Shirley Sullivan, a senior editor at Southern States Cooperative. The Shirley K. Sullivan Fund offers educational funding to attend professional development seminars or classes and other leadership development activities such as CCA Institute, CCA Professional Development workshop, statewide cooperative education, National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA), or other qualified programs.
- All active cooperative communicators will be eligible to apply for scholarships, with preference given those demonstrating a history of or interest in active CCA involvement.
- Educational programs eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, regional CCA workshops, national cooperative education programs (NICE, GICL, etc.) and other opportunities which advance skill and knowledge in the field of cooperative communication.
- Scholarship size and number of scholarships offered will be based on need, merit, and amount of funding available.
- Individuals who are awarded scholarships become ineligible for future funding for five years, with preference given to applicants who have not previously received a grant from the Fund.
- Upon completion of their education program, recipients shall complete and submit a brief report on the value of their educational experience along with appropriate expense receipts for scholarship funding to be released.
- Applications are available here and will be considered upon submission.